First Aid / Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
Example Specification of Services
The AED contractor will:
- Perform extended preventative maintenance on AED units when required due to rough handling, exposure to extreme environmental factors, or other situations leading to client concern for proper AED functionality.
- Inspect the unit according to manufacturer’s instructions, check pad expiration dates, verify battery level and review stored error codes from self-testing as applicable.
- Perform full testing of all rescue functionality including shocking for VF and verifying no shock for NSR and asystole.
- Client receives results in printed format.
- Cost of any needed parts or consumables is not included.
- Service may be performed on or off site.
The First Aid Kit contractor will:
- Provide adequate first aid boxes for the potential occupants in the building.
- Conduct regular inspection of the boxes and replace contents as they are depleted.
- Service will be based on providing the inspections and replacement of consumables is not included.